Blog Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bryce's Chicken Tractor

Bryce has been building a chicken tractor in our garage off and on for the last month and a half. Well, he finished it and Tarek, Bryce's cousin brought over two chickens to try the place out. So far so good. Kyra loves it and I'm starting to warm up to the chickens. For the time being, we named the chickens Red and Grey.











They must of liked their new digs because we woke up the next morning and found our first egg! Yeah!

6 comments:

Amber Sibbett said...

You got chickens!!! HA!HA!HA! I laughed so hard when I read this post because I know how much you wanted chickens! I thought Bryce had to settle with a toy chicken?! Then I read the part where his cousin brought over the chickens...and I was like, "oh man..Bryce is a sneaky little devil!" The chicken tractor looks awesome though! It turned out great! And you must have been so excited to find an egg!

Erin Ellsworth said...

Cool! I want one so bad. Was it hard to build? Expensive? Very cool

Penny Cluff said...

Wow, Chickens! I am terrified of them...Your Dad used to chase me with them in our younger days. You must take good care of them to get an egg in the cold of winter. I really like the chicken house. Your kids will learn much from taking care of them too.

HeidiT said...

You are much braver than I am, for some reason any type of bird creeps me out! But I have to say the coop looks great, and it will be so nice to have fresh eggs.

Cammy Patton said...

Very impressive. :) Congratulations on your first egg!

Mary and Graham said...

Love it Lin, Graham is super jealous!

Powered By Blogger