Blog Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Miles!

Mister Miles turned the big two March 22nd, crazy! Seriously where has the time gone? We had prepped Miles all week about his birthday coming up, so he definitely knew it was his special day on Friday. In the morning before Bryce left for work we gave Miles his main birthday present, a basketball hoop. He LOVED his new toy immediately. He shot hoops all morning.


During the day Miles and Kyra played so well together, I was a happy mama. This picture is proof that they really do love each other.


A few weeks ago I took Miles to Target to get his pictures taken. Normally Miles will smile for any picture, but Miles refused during this particular photo shoot. I was so bummed, but when it was all said and done there was one picture he smiled for. Yeah! I tell this story because the picture below is proof that Miles really does smile for pictures, at least when mama is the photographer.


Later that night Miles had a birthday party. We invited family and a few friends he sees on a regular basis. Because of the weather the party was indoors, needless to say there were a lot of people crammed inside our house to celebrate Miles' birthday. Miles LOVES playing with balls, therefore the theme of his birthday party was sports balls [football, basketball, baseball, and soccer]. We served snacks you would normally see at a sporting event [Water bottles, popcorn, red vines, chocolates, cookies, and peanuts]. Miles enjoyed eating treats all night long.



I originally saw this cake on Pinterest, and immediately knew I wanted it for Miles' birthday party. I knew I was unable to create the cake myself, so I asked my friends sister Cheryl if she would make it, and she had no problems doing so. She did an amazing job, I LOVE the way it turned out.


Miles had his own little smash cake, a basketball...


I got a cute picture of Miles with a few of his buddies [little Bryce, Ashlyn, and Ellie]. I tried getting other pictures throughout the night of Miles with some other buddies, or cousins but it never happened. Oh well.


Overall Miles birthday was a success. We all had a great day celebrating. Happy Birthday Miles! We LOVE you so much, we are sooooo happy you're apart of our family.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger