Well Saturday came, the day of the BBQ and because Miles was napping Kyra and I were the only ones going. We showed up a few minutes late, and no one was answering the door. I assumed everyone was outback, so we decided to walk in. All of a sudden Kristy was at the door acting silly. I asked her if we were the first ones to arrive, or if the BBQ had been canceled because nobody was there. Kristy giggled and never really answered my question, I was so confused. Right before entering the living room area Kyra shouts out, "Look mama I see your Mother". I peaked around the corner and there stood my family and a few close friends shouting out, "SURPRISE". The girls [Ann, April, and Kristy] threw me a surprise baby shower. I had no clue, and was completely surprised.
After the shock of being surprised the party started with everyone mingling and eating yummy treats. The food table consisted of mini tacos, chips/dip, veggie pizza, fruit, cupcakes, drinks, and mints. Everything was so good. We then played a fun game, drinking from a bottle. Everyone was given a baby bottle filled with 2 ounces of water, and was told to drink the water as fast as possible. It was a hard task, you wonder how babies get anything from their bottles. My friend LoraAnn won the game, no one else was even close to being done when she finished. After I opened gifts for baby boy, he was definitely spoiled.
I had such a great time celebrating baby boy, I'm sooooo excited to meet this little guy. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Thanks so much girls for surprising me, love ya!
[The Girls]
[Kyra and I]
[My mama and sisters]
[Amber and I]
[LoraAnn and I]
[Christine, April, and I]

3 comments:
Holy smokes! Number 3! You look great!
What a wonderful surprise and I am so glad Kyra got to enjoy it as well!!!
Can't wait to see that baby! I can't believe you're already this far! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment