
A couple weeks ago Bryce told me he had a co-worker who was on a roller derby team here in Boise. She asked Bryce if we were interested in going to a game, so we went Saturday night. We had a great time and learned what roller derby was all about. We sat in the front row on the floor where they were skating, and a couple of times had to move quickly so we would not get hit. The scoring was a bit confusing at first, but we started to understand as time went on. Overall it was a fun experience.
This is a clip the local news did on the event...

6 comments:
Funny. I just heard about roller derbies on Saturday at Jed's company picnic. Two of his employees are big roller derby participaters... who knew people even still owned roller skates :) - I may have to pick it up :). Sounds fun!
I told Jeff a while ago that I would just love to go to one game one of these days just to see what it is all about and say that I have been. They look so crazy!
ha! That sport is so interesting to me. I want to see that movie now!
That movie makes roller derby look CRAZY!!! I would be way afraid to sit so close! You are brave!
that is really funny! I thought it was a made up sport! I didnt' know it really existed!
If I could look like Drew Barrymore while I roller bladed, I would sign up today. I was a bad roller skater and ice skater. I can't even comprehend what it would be like to be so confident on skates someone would actually roller blade. I am going to check out that movie. I am always scouting for something I can watch with my grandgirls. Thanks.
Post a Comment