On Monday Bryce had the day off so we decided to go for a hike. We were trying to find something close and picked a trail called Hull's Gulch up in the Boise foothills. We initially thought that we were just going to do a simple 3 mile loop but once we got started it became apparent that we had misread the map. After a total of 7.2 miles we made it back to our car. We were surprised how good Kyra was. She loved all 7.2 miles of it and was happy all the way. We were well below the tree line so it was mostly just sage brush but we must have seen thousands upon thousands of Grasshoppers.
We would come across random outcroppings of rocks
All seven miles of the trail were covered in Grass hoppers...
If you turn the volume up you can hear all the noise they would make as you walked through them. Kyra enjoyed it.

4 comments:
Hey Lindy,
This is Carol Gneiting. How are you? I just happened upon your blog. A friend of mine is friends with Sam and Jen Ellsworth and when I saw their name on her blog I looked at their blog to see if they possibly might be related to you and I saw your blog listed. So here I am. You have a cute blog and a darling little family. I cant believe how big Kyra is getting. She is a doll! Anyway I hope that you are doing well. Tell your mom and dad hi for us. Our daughter Hollie lives in Meridian now and so we come over to Boise alot so next time I will call your mom so we can see each other again. Take care and if you are interested I have a blog too: http://cgneitin.blogspot.com/
You are a trooper to even attempt to go on a hike when you're prego. Very impressive! :) Except for the crickets :) you're pictures are beautiful.
Hey Lin, love the photos. Lot of hoppers means bad fishing! The rock out crops and the hoppers remind me of the snowy mountains in New South Wales. Miss you hope your feeling good! Can't wait to hear what your having!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
ok all I can say is....there is no way on this earth that I would have kept hiking with all the lovely critters....YUCK! Loved the pictures, your little girl is so darling. Love you Guys!
Post a Comment