Blog Background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The 10 Virgins


I was asked months ago if I would be willing to participate in December's Relief Society weekday meeting, helping to retell the parable of the 10 virgins. I agreed to, but was quite nervous. I was assigned to be the 7th virgin, representing sins and pleasures of the world.
Each virgin was assigned a room to decorate, fitting their assigned virgins' personality. We each prepared a four minute script describing the virgins' lives and the choices each made before/after the bridegroom came. We all dressed in character and remained in character during the entire program.
Once the program started each virgin, in character with oil lamp in hand sat with the others as guests. There were three narrators who started the evening off prefacing the parable with various scriptures and information about the artist and how the idea came about in bringing this parable to life. At one point during the opening presentation the 10 virgins stood up and walked to their rooms. Meanwhile the other sisters broke up into five groups and visited each virgin in their decorated room round-robin style. The groups rotated between the foolish virgins first, and ended with the wise virgins. By the end each group had the opportunity to get to know each virgin a little better by listening to their story. We all met back together and ended with the three narrators sharing more scriptures and quotes.
Overall this was a wonderful experience, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to be apart of it.

There is one lady missing, but I still wanted to take a picture of those who participated...

1 comment:

Ju said...

This sounds so neat I would have love to have seen it!

Powered By Blogger