Blog Background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kyra turns 3 [part 2]...

I may have already posted about Kyra's birthday, but I failed to mention a few mishaps that took place during her party. Lucky for me [jk] one of the grand moments was caught on tape. The first happening was while everyone was still arriving, I opened the basement door for kids to go downstairs and play if they wanted. I'm not sure if Kyra was super excited or what but she took an extra big step to go downstairs and missed it completely causing her to roll from top to bottom in a few short seconds. When I ran over to see who it was I never expected to see Kyra crying at the bottom of the stairs. I felt horrible. 
The second happening occurred while hitting the pinata. All the kids were anxiously waiting for the candy to drop to the ground, so they could fill their baggies. We had gone through two or three rounds with each kid hitting the pinata before it was requested that an adult should hit the thing down, and I was the chosen one. Everyone cleared out and I started to whack at the rainbow. Kyra must have seen a piece of candy explode because she all of a sudden bolted toward me, which caused me to knick her in the forehead with the end of the stick, or maybe a flying piece of candy [not sure]. I AGAIN felt horrible as Kyra burst in tears. My brother-in-law happened to get the whole thing on tape, so I thought I would post it. Until next year, do we dare buy another pinata???


5 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Oh funny/sad! Happy B-day to your cute little daughter!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh that's so sad!!!

Amber Sibbett said...

Oh shoot! Why does it seem like they always have such a rough day on their birthdays?

Kristen and Andrew said...

haha!! Love it- Lindy, I think you should send it into Americas Funniest Home Videos... for some reason that show loves showing videos of people, esp. kids getting hurt! lol

Mary and Graham said...

Oh no!!! Poor girl...Its hard turning 3!! Poor Mom too.. xoxox

Powered By Blogger