Blog Background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Miles Ellsworth meets Miles Ellsworth...

My mom, sisters, little Miles and I went to Salt Lake City for a temple trip. This was not any temple trip, it was a special temple trip, one I will never forget. My mom comes from a family where all the kids are members of the LDS church, but her mom and dad were not. Her parents were always supportive of their children's beliefs, but never became members themselves. A year ago in April my grandma passed away, since one year had passed my mom and her siblings were able to get together and do grandma's temple work. It was an amazing experience, one that will remain close to my heart always.

Lots of cousins came too, so it was also a fun reunion with many cousins I have not seen in a long time. One cousin in particular was there, Miles Ellsworth. Miles and I were the best of friends [cousins] growing up when I lived in Michigan. I married Bryce who obviously has the last name Ellsworth too. When we were expecting baby #2 and we found out it was a boy the name Miles stuck with me my entire pregnancy. So now my cousin and my son have the exact same name [first and last]. I of course had to get a picture of the two Miles' together, so cute!







We got to see Brady while we were there too. Miles and I actually stayed with him our first night in town. I love my little brother, it was great talking to him and catching up.





Overall it was a wonderful weekend, and Miles was a fantastic traveling buddy. We went shopping at the new mall, City Creek. This mall is absolutely awesome, and i got to go to H&M, yeah! Saturday night we headed to Tremonton to get past all the Utah cities, so Sunday's trip home would not be as long. My mom treated us to a night stay at the Hampton Inn, it was beautiful. In the morning there was a great breakfast, super tasty. It was also Mother's Day, although it was a different one being away from our husbands we had a great day together. To celebrate we stopped at Chili's for lunch on the way home, oh so good. Thanks mom for making our weekend unforgettable, so happy we were able to share this neat experience with you and your siblings. Thanks for the invite! I love and miss you always grandma!

1 comment:

Erin Ellsworth said...

Miles is always smiling!

Sounds like an amazing trip.

Powered By Blogger