Blog Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

See Jane Run 1/2 Marathon...

Back in October I ran the Barber to Boise 10K race. It was my first 10k, I loved it, and the distance was perfect. I knew I wanted to continue running, but push myself a bit more, so I decided that day to run the See Jane Run 1/2 Marathon. I asked a friend of mine, LoraAnn if she was interested in signing up with me, and she did. We started training mid March, and the race was Saturday, June 16th. During the training LoraAnn and I decided to do our long runs together. I could not have asked for a better running buddy. We had so much fun getting to know one another A LOT better. I have to admit in the beginning I was a bit nervous to have a running partner because I love listening to music while I run, and LoraAnn prefers to talk instead. I brought my music the first few long runs, but never pushed play because we always ended up having the best conversations.

We decided last minute to not wear the running shirt See Jane Run provided. Bryce suggested for me to wear a shirt he could spot me in right away. I chose to wear my bright tie-dye shirt. Kyra has the exact same shirt, she calls them our "running" shirts. So because I wore mine, Kyra of course wore hers to cheer mommy on at the finish line. I love that girl!



During the race we met a new friend, Katie from Montana. She and some friends signed up for the race, but none of them actually ran the race together. About five miles into the race Katie started to join in on our conversation and ended up running the rest of the race with us. She was really sweet, it was fun getting to know her in a short amount of time.

I was so excited when I heard loud cheering because that meant we were close to the finish line, yeah! We ran around a bend in the path and there stood my parents and brother cheering me on. My adrenaline kicked in and all I could think about was getting to the finish line, and hoping to get there fast. Bryce, Kyra, and Miles were there as I crossed the finish line, it was a great feeling. I was so happy to see my family AND the finish line! We ran our race in 2 hours and 13 minutes. I was super happy with our time!











Two of my friends, Ann and Chandra ran the See Jane Run 5k, but stayed after their race to see me finish my race. They are awesome! The Oakey's from my ward came to cheer for both LoraAnn and I as well, so sweet. I'm sad but I did not get a picture with The Oakey's, my parents, or brother. Hopefully next time. While we were waiting for my brother's fiance to finish her race, my sister Bethany showed up with Lexie's kiddos to say congrats. I appreciated the support from my family and friends.





I am glad the race is over, but hope to continue my running and train for more races. Maybe I'll train for a full marathon, only time will tell. Overall it was an awesome experience!

7 comments:

LoraAnn said...

You were AMAZING!! Thanks for giving me the motivation to run a half again. I look forward to running with you many, many times!! I LOVE the picture of you and your cute family; I stole that picture so that I can put it in my book! ;)

Mary and Graham said...

WHoohoo, so proud of you Lin! Sounds like LoraAnn was the best running partner ever! Its wonderful to have friends to run with so the miles seem much shorter.
Great work! Lots of love coming you way!
xoxox

Kristen and Andrew said...

What an accomplishment!! Way to go Lindy!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...

Congratulations! You two did seriously awesome. You didn't even look tired when you finished!

[ps] Pretty sure Maddux and I have watched that video of Kyra laughing a million times. She's so adorable, and Maddux thinks she's hilarious!

Alli said...

Sorry about the deleted comment! I was accidently signed into my business account. Whoops!

Tonya said...

YAY Lindy! So so awesome! I am so in awe! Great work!

Powered By Blogger