My little Miles is now in Nursery, I can't believe he is 18 months old, crazy! Miles was instantly clingy the moment we walked into class, it's like he knew I was going to leave. I stayed in there for about five minutes waiting for the opportunity to escape. He soon found a toy to play with, and that was the perfect time to leave. I never in a million years expected Miles to stay in Nursery the WHOLE two hours, BUT he did. Yeah! I came to pick him up and the scoop was he was emotional off and on the entire time and wanted to be held a lot BUT made it through just fine. I think within a months time he will be loving Nursery. I LOVE that his Nursery leaders did not bring him to me because he cried for 2+ minutes. I always think that is so silly when leaders do that. As long as he does not upset another kid while crying they will keep him in there to get used to his new surroundings. That is the only way [in my opinion] to get an 18 month old to go to Nursery and stay in Nursery. I understand that each kiddo is different for sure, but I personally like their approach. I hope each week gets better and better as I'm sure it will.
During Relief Society, my friend Alli went out with her baby to walk the halls, she decided to peek in on the kids in Nursery. She came back and told me Miles was whimpering, but Kyra immediately comforted him by giving him hugs. I was thrilled Kyra was looking out for her little brother.
We love you Miles, we are so proud of you!

2 comments:
Yeah for Miles! I'm actually surprised he did so well since he's your little shadow most of the time. You're fortunate that the teachers let him cry. 6 months later and Cami STILL hates nursery because when she first started they brought her back within 15 min. Now they let her cry for the first hour at least but she knows she can get away with it so she's in total hysterics to get out of there. (And it doesn't help that its during her naptime too)
Funny Heidi posted that because I was going to mention how her ward is horrible at keeping kids in there. Our ward is pretty good. Gunnar walked in no problems and never looked back. Brecken took a little getting used to. Now he loves it. Glad he liked it for the most part right off the bat. I totally am with you, let the kids stay in there and work with them instead of kicking them out right from the start.
Post a Comment