Blog Background

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Barber 2 Boise 10K

This year I committed myself to run the Barber to Boise 10K race. With other things going on I only had five weeks to train, plus it was my first race since having Gage. Training for the race went surprisingly well. Race days always make me nervous, and today was no different. This morning I got a ride with my sister-in-law Kim and her sister Melissa to BSU. From there we took a shuttle to Barber Park. The race started at 9:30. I started off slower than normal because there were so many people, but once everyone started spacing out I kept a pace I felt really good with. My final time was 1:02:45, yippee. My dad, my brother Brent, Bryce, and the kids were all cheering as I crossed the finish line. Before the race Bryce and I had a misunderstanding as to where the headphones were, therefore I had to run the race with no music. I was not super thrilled about the idea because I had trained for this race listening to music. Shortly after crossing the finish line Kyra ran up to me saying she had a gift for me. Behind her back she pulled out new headphones, woohoo. I'm so excited to have my very own headphones again. Thanks so much Bryce. This race includes a pancake breakfast that did not disappoint. It was fun running in a race again. I actually came home and signed up for the Ogden Half Marathon in May 2014. I hear it's a beautiful race. I'm excited to continue running and train for another race.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

Yea Lindy! Way to go! And another half....woot woot you are ambitious! I'm sure you'll do awesome.

Amber Sibbett said...

You rock Lindy!! I need to get back on the ball so I can be as cool as you!;) You look awesome by the way!

Mary and Graham said...

Yay Lindy!! What a great time for your first 10k back at it!! You can do that half marathon, your will smash it!!
Love you heaps!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow! I did not realize you were a runner! Very cool!

Powered By Blogger